Gwyn Gifts, LLCis registered in the United States.
Types of information that we collect
We also may use third-party website analytics tools that collect information about visitor traffic on our Website. The types of automated information we may obtain here include but are not limited to:
- IP address, device type,
- browser and operating system type;
- search terms used to connect to our Website;
- dates and times of visits;
- page views and site navigation patterns;
- geo-location information; and
- links and URLs that refer visitors to our Website.
Using The Information We Collect
- Where the use of your personal information is necessary for the performance of a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- browser and operating system type;
- Where the use is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party);
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- Where you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time.
We may use the information that you provide us or that we obtain about you for a variety of business purposes in our legitimate interests, including the following:
- process and track your gifts
- contact you about your orders and your account, and contact individuals (i.e. those gifted) at your request and on your behalf; maintain a record of the purchases you make on our Website;
- communicate with you about our Website, products, services, offers and events, provided you have given your consent if required under local law;
- have our customer support team respond to your questions and comments;
- operate, evaluate and improve our Website;
- send marketing communications, including email, to identify when emails sent to you have been received and track industry standard performance metrics, such as email opens and clicks;
- prevent fraud and unauthorized transactions and identify potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- comply with legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you, for other promotional purposes and for other purposes described in this section.
How we share your information
We may share the personal information that you provide to us, and the information that we collect about you to support our business interests as described above, to others, such as to
- merchant partners so that they might provide fulfillment and payment processing services and customer support services to fulfill your purchase(s) and handle any issues with our services;
- technical service providers to keep our site running and safe as well as make our services available;
- third party applications such as social media that you use to log into SSusē;
- analytics service providers to ensure site functionality and enable data-driven business decisions;
- comply with the law, applicable regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas, to enforce our agreements or to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of our users or others; or
- marketing or advertising service providers and networks to send marketing communications as well as serve you ads tailored to your interests or to tailor ads that may be served to you on our Website, as well as other websites and on social media networks.
We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
We also use non-personally identifiable information in the aggregate so that we can improve our Services and for business and administrative purposes. We may also use or share with third parties as listed above for any purpose aggregated data that contains no personally identifiable information.
Information sharing options
We offer you certain choices about the collection, use and sharing of your information. Withdrawing your consent to use your personal information may mean that you cannot take advantage of certain offerings or Website features.
Marketing Communications – You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by updating your preferences in your account settings You may change your email address for receipt of such communications by going to your account settings.
Data Analytics – If you do not wish to have technology used to gather information about how you interact with the Website while you are on our Website, please install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add on available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and employ it at the start of each session on our Website. A cookie will be set on your browser that instructs this technology not to start for that session. Please note that the next time you access the Website the analytics will be reactivated, so you will have to disable the technology each time. If you reject the cookies and web-beacons we use, you may still use certain aspects of the Website, but you will not be maximizing the value of the Website.
Targeted Advertising – If you do not wish to have us collect, use and share information about you to deliver targeted online advertising in this manner, please click here http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and follow the instructions of how to opt-out. Please also note that most opt-out mechanisms are cookie-based and will only affect the specific computer and browser that is used to submit an opt-out request. If you have multiple computers or change computers, or use multiple browsers, you will need to submit opt-out requests for each such computer or browser. In addition, if you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies, you will need to renew your opt-out choices to ensure that any opt-out cookies remain effective.
Cookies – Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our Websites’ features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
Do Not Track – We use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser which allows us to exclude you from any analytics that collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites.
Third Party Data Collection – We permit limited third parties to place cookies through our Website to provide us with better insights into the use of our Website or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our Website.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To submit your request, please email [email protected] with the subject line “California Privacy” and your request in the body of your email.
Your European Privacy Rights
For individuals within European Economic Area only. Under the GDPR, in certain circumstances, you have the right to: (a) request access to any personal information we hold about you and related information, (b) obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal information, (c) request that your personal information is deleted provided the personal information is not required by us for compliance with a legal obligation under European or Member State law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim, (d) prevent or restrict processing of your personal information, except to the extent processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and (e) request transfer of your personal information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at [email protected].
Where We Store Your Personal Information
The personal information that you provide to us is generally stored on servers located in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your personal information is submitted through our Website, it will be transferred to our servers in the United States, where laws regarding data protection may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By using our Website and by providing any personal information through our Website, all users, including without limitation users in the European Union, fully understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of such personal information in the United States.
How Long We Store Your Personal Information
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you our services and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of SSusē, making data-driven business decisions, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. If you request, we will delete or anonymize your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless, we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including (without limitation) situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
Accessing And Updating Your Personal Information
You may access and update your account information and your preferences to receive email or other communications under your account settings. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request. If you believe other personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you may request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us at [email protected] with the subject line “Update Account Information” and your request in the body of your email. While we make efforts to accommodate requests to restrict our use of your information, we reserve the right to delete all or any portion of customer information if we are not able to reasonably accommodate a requested restriction.
Links To Other Websites
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard your information delivered to us electronically, our Website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and address so only we are able to decode your information. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your contact information, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Website, and you do so at your own risk.
We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.